Apple cake. What can I say? It’s great.
Apple streusel cake
125 g rolled oat
60 g flour
125 g sugar
1 tsp salt
175 g butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
150 g butter, softened
175 g vanilla sugar
1/2 tsp salt
300 g flour
5 g bicarbonate of soda
10 g baking powder
2.25 mL buttermilk
600 g quartered apples, peeled and cleaned weight (about 5 to 6 apples)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a 30 x 30, or equivalent, baking pan with baking paper.
- For the streusel, combine all the ingredients and set to the side.
- For the dough, cream the butter and the sugar, with the added salt. Add eggs one by one, mixing well in between addition. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and baking powder and mix well. Finally, mix in the buttermilk.
- Spread the dough in the prepared baking pan and spread the apples on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 min in the preheated oven. Test with the skewer if it is ready.